Raised Threat Levels:
- The U.S. threat level is raised to Severe, or Red, for all commercial flights flying
from the United Kingdom to the United States.
- "The U.S. threat level is raised to High, or Orange, for all commercial aviation
operating in the United States, including international flights. Flights from the
United States to the United Kingdom are also Orange.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is implementing a series of
security measures, some visible and some not visible, to ensure the security of
the traveling public and the nation's transportation system.
TSA is immediately implementing the following changes to airport screening procedures:
- No liquids or gels of any kind will be permitted in carry on baggage. such items
must be in checked baggage. This includes all beverages, shampoo, sun tan lotion,
creams, tooth paste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency.
Exceptions: Baby formula and medicines, which must be presented for inspection at
- Beverages purchased in the boarding area, beyond the checkpoint, must be consumed
before boarding because they will not be permitted onboard the aircraft.
- Passengers traveling from the United Kingdom to the United States will be subject
to a more extensive screening process.
These measures will be constantly evaluated and updated as circumstances warrant.
How every passenger can assist in security:
- Pack lightly, without clutter to facilitate easier screening.
- Arrive earlier than usual at the airport.
- Cooperate with TSA personnel at checkpoints and with airline personnel at all gates.
- Be attentive and vigilant to any suspicious activity and report it to authorities.
Increased Border Protection Procedures :
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection will increase enforcement efforts in international
arrival areas including the use of advanced targeting tools, special response teams
including baggage and aircraft search teams, baggage x-ray equipment, specially-trained
canine units, and explosive detection technology.
- DHS has also mandated that all flights from the United Kingdom transmit passenger
manifest information for intensive screening prior to departure from the gate. In
addition, passengers on these flights and all other international flights will be
subject to heightened inspection upon arrival in the United States.
CST# 2022486-40 - FST# 35480 | SkyLink Travel. All Rights Reserved.